- Each month a classroom in your town/area is supported, we do all the heavy work researching and finding classrooms with the highest need of support. The 501c3 nonprofit we trust and work with is Helping American Heroes (HAH) www.hahusa.org HAH also helps Veterans, Police and Firefighters.
- HAH helps many nonprofits including Donors Choose, American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW). After your payment is received, we donate 10% to Helping American Heroes (HAH) who in turn funds the project.
- Average time for a project to be completely funded is only 27 days.
- Absolutely! Please go to www.easygeo.org/nominate-a-hero/
- HAHUSA.ORG will contact donorschoose.org, a local Veteran, Police or Firefighter organizations to see how we can help.
The next closest school is chosen.
Each month Helping American Heroes will email you updates on who has been helped.
Yes! Easy Geo can inform the folks at Helping American Heroes that you would like to support a classroom, they will reach out to you ASAP. You can also support classrooms at: www.hahusa.org.
Your payment to the Hometown Project is deductible as advertising expense, a paid receipt is sent after each payment. By including everyones donation in a single payment, HAH.org saves thousands of dollars yearly in credit card processing fees!
HAH partners with Donors Choose since 95% of the money goes directly to program services for purchases of classroom materials like books, art supplies, field trips, and other resources for students. Program services also include postage for student thank-you letters, teacher outreach, and improving the DonorsChoose.org experience. Donors Choose runs a lean organization, keeping administration costs at just 1%. Only 4% is spent to engage the broader public, foundations, and companies in supporting our public schools. As a result, 75% of donations on DonorsChoose.org come from donors who’ve never met the teacher they’re giving to!