Geo-fencing delivers maximum benefits by displaying advertisements that utilize GPS on a user’s smartphone when a person enters or leaves a particular geographic area. Think of Geo-fencing as a digital boundary that can be as large or small as you want, wherever you want!
Here are some sample locations a fitness center can target:
- Weight Loss Centers (local or national)
- Juice Bars (i.e. Jamba Juice)
- Vitamin Stores (i.e. GNC)
- Sporting Good Stores
- Healthy Grocers (i.e. Sprouts, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods)
- Other Gyms(i.e. La Fitness, Gold’s Gym)
Again, as an example; a fitness center can also target people who meet any of these categories:
- Fit Moms
- Sports Enthusiasts
- People Who Recently Moved
- CrossFit Affiliates
When someone enters the area outlined in your geofencing, they will see an ad that appears while they are in the fenced area.